1. May Day celebrations at Padstow and St Ives. The festivities will be taking place this year on Bank Holiday Monday. See our 'Obby Oss' video Free events. See details of both celebrations in our What's On Diary
2. Helston Flora day. This year on the 6th May. Enjoy this traditional festival with dances through the streets of Helston. Free event. For more information visit our What's On Diary
3. Steam and Vintage Rallies at Chacewater and Launceston this month. Enjoy the sight of vintage vehicles and steam engines. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor is hosting a Haunted Happening Weekend on May 19th and 20th, 2017. Join this paranormal investigation at this famous, haunted coaching Inn or if you prefer Murder Mysteries, join their Murder Mystery Night on the 26th May See details of both events in our What's On Diary
5. St Ives plays host to two festivals in May. The Food and Drink Festival takes place on the 13th and 14th of May while the St Ives Literature Festival lasts for 8 days from the 13th May. See details of both events in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. With Poldark series two due on our screens later this year get yourself up to speed with all the stunning filming locations around Cornwall. This month enjoy a walk at Kynance Cove which features in the second series. We will be featuring a new Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in June for the next one! See our and for more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall
7. Walk with the warden at Marazion Marsh to listen to spring warblers and other birds. Two dates 3rd and 10th May. Booking essential. For more information visit our What's On Diary.
8. The Minack season continues with Seth Lakeman, Ballet Central and The Vicar of Dibley. See details of all the Minack's events this month.
9. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. See details in our What's On Diary or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Visit Lostwithiel's annual art, craft and music festival, Lostfest. See details in our What's On Diary
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk