1. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. April's clean-up is at Fenton Bebibell. See details in our What's On Diary
2. Join a wildlife walk at Cornwall Wildlife Trust's Redmoor Reserve. See details in our What's On Diary
3. St Dennis Steam and Vintage are holding a road run on the 2nd April. Enjoy the sight of vintage vehicles. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor is hosting a Ghost Hunting night on Saturday 7th April. Join this paranormal investigation at this famous, haunted coaching Inn. If you want to spend your weekend exploring haunted places, Haunted Happenings is offering a two night investigation (21st and 22nd April) with one night at the scary Bodmin Jail and the next night at Jamaica Inn. If you prefer a Murder Mystery Night then April's event is on the 20th April. See details of all these events in our What's On Diary
5. Cornwall Spring Flower Show on the 1st and 2nd April is Cornwall's answer to the Chelsea Flower Show. See details in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. Explore the mining area of Botallack and visit West Wheal Owles which features as Ross Poldark's Wheal Leisure in the BBC series. With Poldark series three due on our screens later this year get yourself up to speed with all the stunning filming locations around Cornwall. We will be featuring a Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in May for the next one! See our Botallack to Cape Cornwall Walk and for more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall
To take a self guided tour, driving around all the Poldark locations in Cornwall visit our Poldark Trail
7. Legend of the Bay, combining the high adrenaline sports of Kitesurfing and Stand-up Paddle Boarding, is taking place at Watergate Bay over the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of April. For more information visit our What's On Diary.
8. Enjoy an Easter rockpool ramble at Hannafore Beach, Looe. See details in our What's On Diary.
9. Try taking Cornish lessons. There are groups throughout Cornwall catering to all abilities from beginners to advanced. Find a group near you by visiting our page of Cornish Language Groups
10. To round off this month, the English National Surf Championships are taking place at Perranporth. The 3 day event starts on the 29th April. For details of the categories and more information see our What's On Diary.
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk