Kynance Cove - one of many wonderful beaches in Cornwall and a filming location for Poldark
1. There are several festivals taking place in Cornwall during June: Golowan Festival in Penzance includes many free events including Mazey Day; Polperro Festival; Sea Shanty Festival at Falmouth; West of England Bandsmen's Festival at Bugle near St Austell; and Launceston plays host to two festivals in June - the Food and Drink Festival takes place on the 4th of June while the Literature Festival lasts for 10 days from the 1st - 10th June. See details of all these celebrations in our What's On Diary
2. Visit the 3 day Royal Cornwall Show. For more information visit our What's On Diary
3. Vehicle Rallies at St Merryn and Helston this month. Enjoy the sight of vintage vehicles, steam engines and classic cars. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor is hosting a Ghost Hunting night on June 2nd, 2017. Join this paranormal investigation at this famous, haunted coaching Inn. If you prefer Murder Mysteries, join their Murder Mystery Night on the 29th June See details of both events in our What's On Diary
5. Trelissick Park Run takes place on the 3rd June and in Redruth, Murdoch Day is on the 17th June. See details of both events in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. With Poldark series three due on our screens this month get yourself up to speed with all the stunning filming locations around Cornwall. This month enjoy a walk at Kynance Cove. We will be featuring a new Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in July for the next one! For more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall and take the Poldark Trail
7. Looe's annual raft race takes place on the 4th June in aid of the RLNI. For more information visit our What's On Diary.
8. The Minack's 2017 season is now underway. During June there will be five excellent productions. See details of all the Minack's events this month.
9. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. This month is Tregeseal Stone Circle. See details in our What's On Diary or email email@example.com.
10. Join the monthly beach cleans at Pendower Beach and Porthcurnick Beach on the Roseland and protect your natural environment. See details in our What's On Diary
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk