Penkerris is a charming creeper clad Edwardian Residence offering comfortable, licensed, B&B accommodation, dinner by arrangement, in the unspoilt Cornish village of St Agnes.
St Agnes, with its shops, restaurants (including a Meadery) and several fine old pubs of character with one pub just around the corner.
Penkerris is a home from home offering real food and comfortable bedrooms with their own facilities (T.V., DVD, Wi-fi, radio, tea and coffee making facilities).
4 of the rooms are en-suite with shower, WC and wash basin.
We have 2 charming bathrooms each with bath, WC, bidet and wash basin.
In addition we have a large room with a separate shower.
All guests are welcome to use either of the two bathrooms and the large room with shower regardless of whether they have an en-suite room or not.
Dining room serving breakfast with dinner available by arrangement. Bright cosy lounge with a log fire in Winter - colour T.V., video & piano. Licensed. Ample parking for 9 cars.
The lawned garden has picnic tables and easy chairs, a barbecue - an ideal place to relax on a warm Summer evening.
The large lawn can be used for badminton or volleyball as well as having swings and a slide for the children
St Agnes lies in the heart of Poldark country, featured in the novels of Winston Graham and the television productions of the same name.
The cliff walks around St Agnes are superb. You can walk from one beach to another along the cliff-top and cut back up the valleys along charming little footpaths. There are seabirds and many interesting flowers to be found.
There are many activities to pursue in the local area. Excellent surfing at 3 local beaches - Trevaunance Cove is 1km, Chapel Porth 3km and Trevellas Porth 3km. There is a gliding club at St Agnes Airfield, golf course within 4 miles, Art Galleries, Museum and Cathedral in Truro, only 8 miles and indoor skateboarding facilities only 2 miles away at Mount Hawke.
St Agnes is central for visiting the whole of Cornwall including Land's End, Eden with the far north and the most southerly areas being only an hour away by car.
2018 room price guide (prices are per person)
Bed & Breakfast per day
Prices from £25
Please click on the Tariff button above to view our full tariff
- Single room occupancy carries a single room supplement charge which varies according to the season from £5.00 to £15.00.
- Reduction for children (or 3rd adult) sharing a room with 2 parents (people), please enquire.
- Long stay winter guests can negotiate special rates from £20 per night for single occupancy, Oct 1st onwards £295 per week, long lets ( lasting approx. 3 months) are available at £500.00 per calendar month.
- There are facilities for children, e.g. cots, highchairs,toys, (bricks, trains, dolls)
- Full four course dinner and snacks by arrangement £15.00 .... but can supply small snacks if required.
- We are happy for you to buy “take aways” (including fish and chips) and eat them in the dining room or in the garden. We have a barbecue which you may use and you can again eat in the garden at the picnic tables.
- Prices are per person per night sharing a double room
- Parking for 9 cars
- BOOKING – Do please phone with your name, address, and credit card details or, if you prefer, send a cheque with a small deposit.
- Please make cheques payable to Mrs D E Gill-Carey and forward to Penkerris, Penwinnick Road, St Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0PA or ring 01872 552262 and pay by debit/credit card.
Click on website link above for latest information.
While we can be contacted by email we would prefer for you to contact us with your enquiries by telephone so that we can ensure that we deal with your request most effectively.
Pets are accepted.
English Tourist Board 2 Stars
A.A. 2 Stars
From the big roundabout at Chiverton Cross on the A30, take the B3277 road to St Agnes (3 miles). You pass a garage on your right after 2 miles. Continue on this road and you will pass another garage on your left. Sweep round the corner from this garage and Penkerris is on you right between the St Agnes village sign and the St Agnes Museum. We are very easy to find, being the first house on the right after passing the St Agnes Village sign.
View our self catering bungalow, Cradock, at Perranporth
Penkerris is an ideal location for an excellent holiday in Cornwall.
Trevaunance Cove, St Agnes, Cornwall
Penkerris, bed and breakfast accommodation, St Agnes, Cornwall