History of Carnyorth |
| From The Mines of Cornwall and Devon, Observations and Statistics Thomas Spargo 1865.
CARNYORTH, in the parish of St. Just, Cornwall. Purser, Mr. Samuel York, Penzance. Manager, Captain John Wallis. Rock granite. 65 men, 23 females, and 23 boys employed. Lords, Viscount Falmouth and others. Dues l-24th. Depth of mine at adit 26 [26.5] fathoms; under, 123 fathoms. The working commenced in the year 1852. There has been a loss on the working. Machinery employed; 30-inch pumping-engine. 24-inch stamping and winding-engine. Also 2 water-wheel stamps, one of them 20 feet, and the other 14 feet diameter.
Books online:
|

| Carnyorth |
|
Carnyorth Map |
|
Carnyorth Events |
|
Carnyorth Community Information |
|
Carnyorth Books |
|
Carnyorth Photos |
|
Carnyorth Videos |
|
Carnyorth History |

Using public transport
to and around Cornwall.
Plan your journeys
Buses, trains, ferries and more

Towns and villages in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
© AWMP Creative Media, all rights reserved, modifications by Choughmountain Design