1. Open Day at Old Penlee Lifeboat House and Slipway. See details in our What's On Diary
2. Visit a Charter Fair. Goldsithney, near Penzance is holding its annual Charter Fair. For more information visit our What's On Diary
3. Arts and Crafts Exhibitions this month. Enjoy the annual exhibitions at Constantine and St Just. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. St Endelienta Church holds its annual Summer Music Festival of classical music. This internationally recognised festival lasts for 11 days. See details in our What's On Diary
5. August sees waterside towns and villages taking to the water for their annual regattas and sailing events. Helford Passage, Flushing, Falmouth, Portscatho, Percuil, Rock and Fowey are all holding sailing events this month. Other towns are holding their carnivals including Tintagel, St Agnes, Hayle and St Columb Major. See details of all these events in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. This month enjoy a walk at Gunwalloe which has featured in the first three series. We will be featuring a Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in September for the next one! For more walks visit our Poldark Trail in Cornwall and for more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall
7. Enjoy an Ale and Cider Festival on August Bank Holday weekend at the Bowgie Inn, Crantock near Newquay. Over 60 real ales and ciders.
8. The Minack's 2018 season is underway. During August there will be five excellent productions. See details of all the Minack's events this month.
9. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. See details in our What's On Diary or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Creation Fest - Christian Music Festival and Bible Week. Free admission. Simply turn up. See details in our What's On Diary
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk