1. Enjoy an Autumn walk in one of Cornwall's colourful woodlands. There are woodland walks in every area of Cornwall so choose one near you and have a great time. See our list of Woods and Forests in Cornwall for details.
2. Enjoy a show at the Minack, Porthcurno during its extended season. See our What's On Diary for details
3. From the 1st October each year almost all of Cornwall's beaches are dog friendly. The Summer restrictions have gone. Go along to your favourite beach and give your four-legged friend a wonderful time. Don't forget the ball! Visit Dog Friendly Cornwall to see a list of all the beaches in Cornwall and their dog friendliness.
4. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. See details in our What's On Diary
5. Enjoy a traditional day out at the Callington Honey Fair. Stalls, entertainment and a great day out for all the family. See details in our Callington Events Diary.
6. Falmouth Oyster Festival which marks the beginning of the oyster dredging season is a culinary delight. A celebration of Cornish sea food with cookery demonstrations, food experts and more. Check our Falmouth Events for details.
7. Enjoy an autumn walk from a variety of Cornwall Coast Path Challenges or the Great Western Dog Walk. Check our What's On Diary for details
8. The British National Surf Championships will be taking place at Fistral Beach, Newquay. Check our What's On Diary for details
9. Join in with the Land's End 100. This annual cycling event has 3 routes - short distance (45 miles), mid distance (63 miles) and long distance (100 miles). All routes are around the stunning Land's End peninsula and the long distance also includes the Lizard peninsula. For details of how to sign up follow this link. If you can't take part but want to cheer on the cyclists all the routes start and finish at Marazion. See our Marazion Events for details.
10. Poundstock Pumpkin Festival, Craft and Food Fair is a traditional, seasonal celebration held during the last weekend in October. Get along to the Poundstock Gildhouse for this enjoyable event for all the family. While you're there you can also look at the interesting Tudor building, in which the event takes place. The only one of its kind in Cornwall. Details in our Poundstock Events.
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk