1. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. April's clean-up is at Fenton Bebibell. See details in our What's On Diary
2. Meet the volunteers who rescue and rehabilitate marine life around our coast. This Easter Sealebration focusses on Grey Seals and other marine life and runs from 10am - 4pm on April 21st in Mousehole. Free admission. See details in our What's On Diary
3. Trevithick Day in Camborne on the 27th April. A celebration of Richard Trevithick, Steam, vintage vehicles and more. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. Several special gardens are opening to raise money for the Cornwall Wildlife Trust. For more information visit our What's On Diary
5. Cornwall Spring Flower Show on the 6th and 7th April is Cornwall's answer to the Chelsea Flower Show. The Cornwall Garden Society have a new venue for 2019. See details in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. Explore the mining area of Botallack and visit West Wheal Owles which features as Ross Poldark's Wheal Leisure in the BBC series. With Poldark series three due on our screens later this year get yourself up to speed with all the stunning filming locations around Cornwall. We will be featuring a Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in May for the next one! See our Botallack to Cape Cornwall Walk and for more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall
To take a self guided tour, driving around all the Poldark locations in Cornwall visit our Poldark Trail
7. Enjoy a guided walk in the Boscastle area during the annual Boscastle Walking Festival. Booking essential. For more information visit our What's On Diary.
8. Enjoy an Easter rockpool ramble at Hannafore Beach, Looe. See details in our What's On Diary.
9. Try taking Cornish lessons. There are groups throughout Cornwall catering to all abilities from beginners to advanced. Find a group near you by visiting our page of Cornish Language Groups
10. Join the Big Spring Beach Clean in your area between the 6th and the 14th April. Cornwall's beach cleans include Marazion, Gwithian, Polperro, Porthtowan and many more around Cornwall. For details and more information see our What's On Diary.
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk