1. Enjoy an Autumn walk in one of Cornwall's colourful woodlands. There are woodland walks in every area of Cornwall so choose one near you and have a great time. See our list of Woods and Forests in Cornwall for details.
2. Enjoy a show at the Minack, Porthcurno during its extended season. See our What's On Diary for details
3. From the 1st October each year almost all of Cornwall's beaches are dog friendly. The Summer restrictions have gone. Go along to your favourite beach and give your four-legged friend a wonderful time. Don't forget the ball! Visit Dog Friendly Cornwall to see a list of all the beaches in Cornwall and their dog friendliness.
4. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. See details in our What's On Diary
5. Enjoy a traditional day out at the Callington Honey Fair. Stalls, entertainment and a great day out for all the family. See details in our Callington Events Diary.
6. Falmouth Oyster Festival which marks the beginning of the oyster dredging season is a culinary delight. A celebration of Cornish sea food with cookery demonstrations, food experts and more. Check our Falmouth Events for details.
7. Enjoy an autumn walk with your dog on the Great Western Dog Walk. Check our What's On Diary for details
8. Falmouth Beer Festival from Cornwall CAMRA. Check our What's On Diary for details
9. Lowender Peran, the annual Festival of the Celts at Newquay. See our What's On Diary for details.
10. Halloween is coming. Visit Rogue Theatre's Dead of Night Dance in Tehidy Woods. See details and book online in our What's On Diary. Poundstock Pumpkin Festival, Craft and Food Fair is a traditional, seasonal celebration held during the last weekend in October. Get along to the Poundstock Gildhouse for this enjoyable event for all the family. While you're there you can also look at the interesting Tudor building, in which the event takes place. The only one of its kind in Cornwall. Details in our Poundstock Events.
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk