Kynance Cove - one of many wonderful beaches in Cornwall and a filming location for Poldark
1. There are several festivals taking place in Cornwall during June: Golowan Festival in Penzance includes many free events including Mazey Day; Polperro Festival; Sea Shanty Festival at Falmouth; West of England Bandsmen's Festival at Bugle near St Austell; Murdoch Day in Redruth and Launceston plays host to the Charles Causley Literature Festival. See details of all these celebrations in our What's On Diary
2. Visit the 3 day Royal Cornwall Show. For more information visit our What's On Diary
3. Vehicle Rally at St Merryn this month. Enjoy the sight of vintage vehicles, steam engines and classic cars. For more information visit our What's On Diary
4. Gardens are opening to raise funds for Cornwall Wildlife Trust. Three different gardens are open this month. Fowey RLNI are also having an open day. For details visit our What's On Diary
5. Trelissick Park Run takes place every Saturday and in Redruth, Murdoch Day is on the 16th June. See details of both events in our What's On Diary
6. Enjoy a walk in Poldark Country. Get yourself up to speed with all the stunning filming locations around Cornwall. This month enjoy a walk at Kynance Cove. We will be featuring a new Poldark Walk every month so when you've walked this one, come back in July for the next one! For more information on Poldark filming locations in Cornwall visit Poldark in Cornwall and take the Poldark Trail
7. Looe's annual raft race takes place on the 16th June in aid of the RLNI. For more information visit our What's On Diary.
8. The Minack's 2019 season is underway. During June there will be four excellent productions. See details of all the Minack's events this month.
9. Help the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network on one of their clear ups, keeping one of the Land's End peninsula's archaeological sites in a good state for visitors. There is only one clear up every month. This month is Mulfra Vean Courtyard House settlement. See details in our What's On Diary
10. Join the monthly beach cleans at Pendower Beach and Porthcurnick Beach on the Roseland and protect your natural environment. See details in our What's On Diary
Things to do
Maps of Cornwall :
The Ordnance Survey publishes the Explorer series of maps which are
ideal for walkers.
Scale 1 : 25 000
2.5 inches to 1 mile /
4cm to 1km.
Available in local bookshops or click on the links below to order online.
Those covering Cornwall:
Map of Isles of Scilly:101 Isles of Scilly
For more information: www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk